Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thief Film - Development

Some stylistic experimentation with the look for the backgrounds. I think this would look very jarring on the big screen unfortunately even though I do like the stark graphic design feel of it. It would be nice to use some of my past graphic design experience in my film.
This is a style I could use for the thief / animation itself. It's inspired from urdu/arabic calligraphy and would be nice to show the 'beauty' in his dance.

Btw, I'm trying to think of names for this film now and I've thought 'Possession Dance' might be somewhat explanatory. I'm using this line to explain what my film is about for the Spotlight Show at UCLA - "What's more important? Values or things? A thief and a magnate help figure it out. ". I'm finally doing a film that has meaning but still focuses more on the entertainment values! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I want to see you post some versions of this as you've described in class. That is to say, the more naturalistic, brush-like versions. I'll keep an eye on your blog in hopes that you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you said that. For some reason I felt like I should leave that for later and just work on the animation. But you're right, I need to see more variations of strokes before I decide on one.

    So.. coming soon... :)

    ReplyDelete