Monday, March 5, 2007

Thief Film - mansion sketches in vectors

Ok so getting back to my Thief film, here I've tried sketching the mansion in vectors to see if it could be an artistic approach I could take. I know it would be easier to draw whatever within the computer if I want to turn it into a 3 dimensional environment in Maya but somehow I'm just not satisfied with these at all. Its looking more like Fosters than UPA and no matter how good I am at managing vectors, I just really like that coarse feel of hand drawn of UPA. I dont want to be imitating it tho - I mean, its just for inspiration really. Or so I'd like to say. So anyway, I wish people would leave comments on what they think of this stuff and my direction. I know people are viewing this page but no comments! Animation so far is a lonely art *sob*. Hmm.. I might have to post on Devart again now. hehe.

p.s. I know these sketches are incomplete. (e.g. the upper windows are just rectangles right now). These were meant just to be sketches anyway. But if I ever polish them up I'll replace them here.

1 comment:

  1. Bottom right is the best. I like the curly bushes.

    ReplyDelete