Friday, February 16, 2007

Thief Film Development

Ok so finally I can start uploading development of the films I'm working on right now...

These are sketches of the interior of my 'mansion' where the thief will prance about stealing everything around him. I want this look for my backgrounds but am still working on how to achieve it with the way I'm imagining I'll be animating it. Look about the sketches (click on them to see them much larger) and you'll see I've got a lot of other things developing there too. I'm sorry I've got a pretty messy way of developing my ideas.

1 comment:

  1. The thief design may be getting a bit too abstract. Make sure you maintain the form so he is instantly recognizable.

    I like the stealing of the nails, reminds me of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

    It will be interesting to see how you decide to visualize the abstract concepts like memories and soul. I wonder if it can be done entirely without text.

    Be careful about simplifying the shapes of the background too much, especially if it's all going to be in black and white (which by the way this white on black chalky look has a lot going for it.) It would be easy for the thief to get lost. Readability is everything here.

    Also, I wonder... if this guy is really rich, presumably he has given bits of himself away already to be able to accumulate the current estate. How much does he have left? Is it enough to effectively buy it all over again in a bargain with the thief?

    ReplyDelete