Monday, May 7, 2007

Thief Film - Concept Art for Thief Character

I might not be able to make my animated character have these type of cut-out shadows but I do like how it looks. I think I'm pretty close to a final look for the thief that I'm satisfied with. He's not always going to be just happy anymore, he's somewhat resembling a vulture and his body will be completely seen now - no more gaps because of the stripes in his clothes. There are still unresolved issues but they'll heal with time. Now I need to start placing the design with different backgrounds and getting him to move to see which combination of character over background is readable but still pretty.

p.s. I like that this pose makes my thief take the form of a question mark, which was actually an accident. He is a bit of a mystery to me and I still don't know when he's going to settle down into a design! Hurry up Numair, get with it!

8 comments:

  1. this looks great! my only concern is that because he is so thin that any quick action you do needs to have a good settle or some kind of overlapping animation from what he either carries or some clothing on him so that you don't lose the audience. but he looks great, i can already see him move from just this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great.really well composed . Great feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I'm there. Wonderful shapes and motion. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the way youre expressing yourself more and more with your art nowadays. not that it was bad or rigid... theres more a groove to the way youre doing things now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. taht's great animtion

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you have windows live spaces or myspace blog? that's mine http://plarisyoyooprinceton.spaces.live.com/

    ReplyDelete