Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Coming Soon - Seminar at Hunerkada

As part of my initiative to do my part in spreading animation as an art and career choice in my country that is quite devoid of it, I am signing up with several universities/colleges near and around Islamabad to teach the subject as a regular course. It's quite an endeavor in itself but if I take all these things step by step I hope it'll be worth my efforts.



The course at Hunerkada will be starting very soon. In the meantime I've prepared a flyer to be sent advertising a 2 hour seminar presentation in which I will introduce the subject. It will most probably be held on the 29th of this month at Hunerkada (the address on the flyers above is incorrect) As far as my observation has been, I feel that animation is a lesser known subject here still. So most of my seminar will be an attempt to explain what it is and why it is so exciting to me. If I manage to interest students, they can register for the upcoming course right there.

These are the two designs. I like the flat white design but since this is an introduction of animation to a lot of people who might not be completely acquainted with film, I'm wondering if the more obvious one is the better choice. Anyone want to help me choose?

I'll be looking forward to teaching at NCA (Pindi) and FJWU starting somewhere around January.

p.s. If there is anything anyone would like me to talk about in the seminar, please do let me know in the comments section of this post. I want to do my best to inspire more people to extract as much knowledge of Animation and what I learned living in Hollywood from my brain.

3 comments:

  1. I was born in Pakistan, so your blog caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goood girl: Thanks for liking my blog.

    Gatsby: thanks Gatsby. I like the way you write. Have you ever thought of writing fiction for films?

    Bakatron: Theres so much I want to share, and I hope I get to learn something from the peeps too. ^__^

    ReplyDelete