Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meeting With An Old Friend In Animation - Taqi








Taqi Shaheen, an old friend from NCA and talented film-making animator came over to my place yesterday and we caught up on things. He is teaching stop motion animation (they call it 'Table Top Animation' there) regularly at the Fatima Jinnah Women University in Pindi. I was excited to get his updates. We talked for hours!

Eventually I asked to see his students work if he had any with him. I got to see the above films, 12 of them in all. These are the first attempts at animation for these students. I think they are a good start and show promise. It seems that these are exercises rather than attempts at complete films, so I appreciated that some did try to present a legible storyline. I particularly liked Jojo's Adventures by Sidra Iftekhar. It had a reasonable sense of story, the characters were nicely designed and it showed plenty of attention to detail (like the face on the door). Duddoo Mian by Anoshia Hamid and Hammad was cute although it seemed to drag a little bit for me. But once again, there was a cute story to follow and was well designed. All of them were cute to watch and showed enthusiasm and the energy to create animation using whatever is available. Good luck girls and I would love to see more from you!

5 comments:

  1. nice to know taqi is still around. always been a very impressive fellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.O.A
    nice to see my work on ur side, feeling great!

    "pencil sharpening"
    TAKECARE BYE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Anonymous. I liked 'pencil sharpening' a lot too. You placed the peels back in place perfectly so the 'illusion' worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam sir
    we r glad to see our work being in ur top (not top but appreciated gallery), can u please tell us was it up to the mark????? no seriously
    (no fake comments)....
    our animation is that of the car accident which we did with found materials
    regards
    A2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aoa.Sidra here.m glad to know tht u liked Jojo's Adventurez.it ws a vry first attempt of mine with too many drawbacks.All the credit goes to my respectd teacher Sir Taqi who teached us all the techniques n ways of animation in a vry friendly environment.

    Regards
    Sidra Iftekhar

    ReplyDelete