Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moleskine - Random Selected Moleskine Sketches


Saw the theatrical play, "Dinner with an Idiot" adapted and directed by my good friend Faheem Azam and I was blown away to say the least. The story was a highly artistic adaptation of the French movie (of the same name) perfectly catered to the Islamabadi/Pakistani sense of humor - and in the Urdu language for once(!) Every actor was phenomenal and maintained full control over the stage. There wasn't a pause in laughing until the show was over. If there were any errors, they were all covered flawlessly.

The best part was that they didn't turn the lights down as they normally might in a play like this, so I had a great time quick sketching the awesome animated poses and expressions each strong character moved in.


An evening at the popular "Paper Microphone" and the ex tempo artist performances were great. I love places like these. I get to meet like minded strangers.


Just playing around with character development while thinking of how Gogi might be redesigned too.


The left side was sketched while at 'Hot Spot', a popular ice cream joint in Islamabad. The rest were scribbled while in a meeting at the Environment Ministry with the Minister of Environment (and a whole bunch of other high position people).


It's so much fun sketching at Jam sessions; looking at these sketches again reminds me that I want to go more often. Pretty good guy and getting to know friend, Uzair Jaswal is in these sketches too. I think it would be great to make an animated music video for him. I just feel like the songs I've heard of his so far aren't a perfect reflection of my impression of his personality and it would just be so much more fun to make a video with the ideas I have in my head instead of making a formulaic video without any feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment