Monday, June 29, 2009

Story of Younus - Character and Background Development

Commissioned by The World Bank to produce a 5 minute film on Open Defecation in backward regions around the country, I worked with my virtual team to deliver the film within the very very limited time given (less than a single month). My virtual team is spread out over various continents: Sweden, United States, Australia, Pakistan. Almost all the collaboration was done over the internet.



These are my notes over backgrounds made by Sabah Ingvarsson made over my sketches made over her color boards made over my doodles. *cough*


I tried to make the water girl sexy yet indigenously accurate. It wasn't easy.


Which is the friendliest looking 'Younus' available?


The final 'Younus' character.

No comments:

Post a Comment